A great video can go a long way toward making your campaign stand out. While a picture is worth a thousand words, a video can touch the hearts of your supporters and tell your story in a way images simply can’t. Read on for some top tips on how to make the best possible video for your campaign.
- Keep it simple. Write down your top points, so you don’t forget anything important.
- Keep it short. Try to keep your video to a maximum of two minutes.
- Don’t just ask viewers to donate. Make sure to ask your viewers to share the video and campaign! Remember, getting shares of your campaign can be just as important as receiving donations.
- Tell a heartfelt, compelling story. Information paired with a personal or engaging story can take your video to the next level.
- Keep it steady. To start, make sure to lean the phone against something stable. This will make your video look steady, and more professional.
- Film horizontally. Horizontal videos look much better on our site, so set yourself up for success from the start.
- Have great lighting. To do this yourself, make sure your subject is facing the light. Feel free to play with different lighting to get the best shot possible. If you’re using a smartphone, you can often hold your finger on the subject, and the camera will focus the light on them.
- Don’t use the zoom feature. Instead, move closer. Zooming tends to reduce the quality of the video.
- Upload the video to YouTube or Vimeo. You’ll need to do this before you can post it to fundstak.